This is the first of three meetings between the two clubs. The Devils went 2-0-1 against the Lightning last season, including 1-0-0 at Prudential Center.
2. The Lightning are the only team the Devils have yet to face this season. The Devils have won three straight home games vs. Tampa Bay and are 12-3-0 vs. the Bolts at Prudential Center all-time.
3. New Jersey, which reached the 30-win mark on Tuesday, needs just two victories to match its total from all of last season (32-36-14=78pts).
4. Coach John Hynes' squad is 6-2-1 over its last nine games at Prudential Center and 15-12-4 at The Rock overall.
5. Adam Henrique has five points 2g-3a over his last six games vs. the Lightning.
6. The Lightning has won four straight and is 16-6-0 in 2016.