Here's what you need to know for tonight's meeting with the Lightning:
1. Tonight’s contest opens the Devils' eighth of 18 sets of back-to-back games. New Jersey is 3-2-2 in first games and 2-3-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
2. Tonight’s starter Keith Kinkaid made his NHL debut vs. the Lightning on March 5, 2013 in relief of Johan Hedberg. He stopped 12/13 shots he faced in 25:45 of action.
3. The Devils were 0/5 on the power play on Wednesday vs. Ottawa but is 6/19 (31.6%) with the man-advantage over the last eight games. They’ve converted 21/96 (21.9%) PP attempts overall this season, which ranks eighth in the NHL. The Devils’ penalty kill unit was 1/2 on Wednesday and is 17/19 (89.5%) over the past six games.
4. Tonight vs. Tampa Bay and tomorrow vs. Washington marks the 35th time the Devils have played home games on consecutive dates. New Jersey last played back-to-back home games on March 22-23 2014: vs. Minnesota (Wo, 4-3) & vs. the New York Rangers (L, 0-2). The Devils are 20-13-1 in first games and 23-11-0 in second games all-time.
5. Steven Stamkos leads the Lightning & is fifth in the NHL (tie, Sidney Crosby & Claude Giroux) with 18g-17a-35pts this season. Tyler Johnson has 4g-8a-12pts over the last 11 games and is second on the club with 10g-23a-33pts overall.
6. The Devils are 11-3-0 vs. the Lightning at Prudential Center since 2007-08.