1. This is third of four meetings between the two clubs, second at Prudential Center. The Devils (1-1-0) dropped a 2-0 decision in Pittsburgh on Jan. 26.
2. New Jersey needs just one victory to match its total from all of last season. Coach John Hynes' squad is 6-4-1 over its last 11 games at Prudential Center.
3. Tonight marks the Devils’ 99th home game against the Penguins all-time. New Jersey is 16-3-1 vs. the Penguins at Prudential Center since 2008-09.
4. Keith Kinkaid, who's 3-1-1 in his last five decisions, will make his second start and third appearance in the last three games. Cory Schneider (lower body) is set to be re-evaluated today. Goaltender Yann Danis was recalled from Albany (AHL) on Saturday and will backup Kinkaid.
5. Adam Henrique, who has goals in three straight games (4g), has posted 2g-2a-4pts over his last five games vs. Pittsburgh.
6. Andy Greene has more points (6g-13a-19pts) versus Pittsburgh than any other opponent.