1. The Devils and Prudential Center will hold their annual Food Drive tonight in collaboration with Goya Foods, and in support of Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ). Fans attending the game are encouraged to bring canned and non-perishable food items. Fans donating 10 or more items will receive a voucher for two tickets to an upcoming game.
2. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or less in each of his six starts since Oct. 29. He’s 4-2-0 with a 1.82 goals-against average and .937 save percentage during that span.
3. With Thursday’s 3-2 victory in Chicago, the Devils have now won nine of their last 12 games and have points in 10 of their last 13 contests (9-3-1=19pts). They have claimed three of their last four home games to improve to 4-4-1 at Prudential Center overall.
4. The current Devils have several connections to the Pittsburgh organization. Executive VP/General Manager Ray Shero was Pittsburgh’s EVP/GM from 2006-14. Assistant GM Tom Fitzgerald held several positions with Pittsburgh from 2007-15, including Assistant GM in 2014-15.
Devils coach John Hynes spent six seasons with the Penguins’ organization from 2009-15, including the past five seasons as Head Coach of their AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Assistant coach Alain Nasreddine played for the Pens’ organization from 2004-08 and served as an assistant under Hynes with W-B/Scranton from 2010-15.
Bobby Farnham was claimed off waivers from Pittsburgh on Oct. 26. Lee Stempniak appeared in 21 regular season games and 13 in the playoffs for the Pens in 2014.
5. Jeff Zatkoff is expected to get the start in goal tonight for Pittsburgh. He’s 2-0-0 with a 1.97 goals-against average & .952 save-percentage in three appearances this season.
6. The Penguins are 10-3-0 in their last 13 games following last night’s 2-1 home loss to Columbus. They're 5-3-0 on the road this season.