The Devils are looking to snap a three-game winless streak (0-2-1) at home; they’re 5-6-2 at Prudential Center overall.
2. New Jersey is 10-2-2 vs. Philadelphia since the start of the 2012-13 season and has outscored the Flyers 45-25 during that span.
3. John Hynes' group scored a season-high five goals in in last night's 5-1 rout of the Hurricanes in Carolina, improving their road record to 8-4-0.
4. Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or less in 12 of his last 13 starts since Oct. 29. He’s 7-5-1 with one shutout, a 1.83 goals-against average and .935 save percentage during that stretch. Schneider ranks seventh (tie) in the NHL in wins (11), sixth in GAA (2.03) and 10th in save % (.927).
5. The Devils notched a 4-1 victory over Philadelphia in their last meeting on Oct. 29. The victory was New Jersey's 100th in the all-time series vs. the Flyers (100-75-20). Travis Zajac scored a pair of power-play goals for his first multi-goal game since Mar. 31, 2014 vs. Florida (3g). Zajac, who suffered an upper body injury in Carolina, will miss tonight's game. Sergey Kalinin replaces him in the lineup.
6. Stephen Gionta and Jacob Josefson each scored his first goal of the season last night. Gionta recorded his first goal since Mar. 14 at Arizona (34 games); Josefson’s was his first since Apr. 4 at the NY Rangers (27 games). Josefson will slot into the second line center position between Patrik Elias and Kyle Palmieri tonight.