Here’s what you need to know for today’s contest against the Philadelphia Flyers!
1. This is the fourth and final meeting of the season between the Metropolitan Division rivals. The Devils lead the series 2-1-0 following a 5-2 win at The Rock on Jan. 3.
2. The Devils are wrapping up a three-game homestand. With Friday’s loss to Columbus, the Devils are 6-2-1 over their last nine games. At home, they're 8-3-1 in their last 12 games, and 12-4-4 over their last 20.
3. The Devils are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their 1995 Stanley Cup Championship this weekend, with more than 20 players and coaches reuniting during two days of festivities at Prudential Center. The weekend began yesterday at AmeriHealth Pavilion with an alumni charity game featuring the stars of the 1995 Stanley Cup Championship. Members of the franchise’s first Stanley Cup team will be honored today in a special pregame ceremony.
4. Tonight’s starter Keith Kinkaid will be making his first appearance since Feb. 21, when he was injured in the second period against Carolina. Kinkaid, who faces the Flyers for the first time in his career, has won two of his last three starts (2-1-0).
5. Andy Greene enters with a three-game point streak (1g-2a). Greene has 16 points overall (2g-14a) and is plus-7 this season.
6. Philadelphia lost 3-2 in overtime at Boston yesterday and has points in four straight games (2-0-2).