Here's what you need to know for tonight's game against the Philadelphia Flyers!
1. The Devils wrap up the first half tonight with their first home meeting with the rival Flyers. The contest closes out New Jersey's ninth set of 18 back-to-backs this season.
2. This is the third of four installments of the Battle of the Jersey Turnpike, and the first of two to be played at Prudential Center. The Flyers evened up the season series (1-1-0) with a 4-1 win at Wells Fargo Center on Dec. 11.
3. The Flyers are wrapping up an eight-game road trip. They’re 0-3-1 in their last four following last night’s 2-1 loss at Carolina.
4. Defenseman Mark Fraser has been recalled from Albany (AHL) and is expected to make his first appearance with New Jersey since 2011. Originally New Jersey’s third-round pick, 84th overall, in 2005, the Ottawa native is looking to become the 26th player in Devils history to be a reacquired and play a game for the team.
Read more on Fraser here.
5. Cory Schneider (1-1-0, 3.51 GAA & .905 sv%) has started both games in the series, while Ray Emery (1-0-0, 1.00 GAA, .944 sv%) and Steve Mason (0-1-0, 5.11 GAA, .800 sv%) have split the goaltending duties for the Flyers.
6. Jakub Voracek is the NHL’s leading scorer with 47 points (15g-32a) this season. Claude Giroux, who is probable for tonight’s game, is third (tie, Evgeni Malkin and Ryan Getzlaf) with 43 points (13g-30a).