The Devils are closing out a two-game homestand with their last game at Prudential Center before the All-Star break. After tonight, the club heads on the road for games in Winnipeg on Saturday and Pittsburgh on Tuesday.
2. Head coach John Hynes' squad blanked the Senators, 3-0, in Ottawa on Dec. 30. Michael Cammalleri, who scored twice in that game, will play tonight after missing yesterday's practice (illness). He returned to the lineup for Tuesday's win over Calgary, recording an assist in his first appearance in nine games (hand).
3. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider stopped all 36 shots he faced in his last meeting with the Sens. He has allowed two goals or less in 25 of his last 32 starts since Oct. 29, including four shutouts and 1.95 goals-against average.
4. Jacob Josefson has been activated off injured reserve and is expected to return to the lineup tonight for the first time since Dec. 26 (lower body, 11 games missed). Josefson has seven points (1g-6a) in 36 games this season.
5. Ottawa's Erik Karlsson has six points in his last seven games and leads all NHL defensemen with 9g-38a-47pts overall. He leads the League with an average 28:42 TOI per game
6. The Senators are concluding their season-high five-game road trip tonight. They're 2-2-0 on the trip thus far and 4-4-0 overall this month.