This is the fourth and final meeting of the season between the clubs. The Devils (2-1-0) are looking to take the season series against their Hudson River rivals.
2. Coach John Hynes' squad is 5-2-1 over their last eight games at Prudential Center and 14-12-4 at The Rock overall.
3. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider is looking for his 26th win of the season, which would tie his career-high (also, 2014-15). Schneider leads the NHL in minutes (2,994), games played (50) and GAA (2.06, tie), is fourth in shutouts (4, tie) & save percentage (.928, tie) & is sixth (tie) in wins (25).
4. Reid Boucher registered a career-high 1g-2a-3pts at Washington for his third multiple-point game of the season. He has 2g-4a-6pts over the last six games and 4g-5a-9pts in 18 appearances overall.
5. The Devils were 3-for-3 on the penalty kill in Washington on Saturday and is 32-for-35 (91.4%) over the past 10 games.
6. New Jersey's power play is 9-for-24 (37.5%) over the past eight games at Prudential Center.