1. The Devils are looking to split their four-game season series (1-2-0) against the Islanders with their second win on home ice (1-0-0; 3-2 SO W, Oct. 31). New Jersey is 8-3-2 in its last 13 games and 5-1-1 in their last seven at Prudential Center.
2. Tonight's contest continues a key stretch that will see the Devils play five of their next six games against Metropolitan Division opponents. Just two points separate the Devils and Islanders in the division standings.
3. Cory Schneider gets the start in search of his 26th win, which would tie a career season high (also, 2014-15). He’s 8-4-1 in his last 13 starts and 25-17-6 overall.
4. Coach John Hynes' squad, which went 1-for-7 on the power play in Tuesday's loss to Philadelphia, has scored at least one PPG in each of their last four games (6-for-17, 35.3%) and is 13-for-35 (37.1%) with the man advantage over its last 11 contests.
5. The Devils surrendered two power-play goals on Tuesday, ending a streak of four straight home games in which they had not allowed a PPG (11-for-11).
6. The Islanders, who fell 3-2 in overtime to Washington on home ice last night, are 1-3-0 over their last four road games and 11-11-3 away from home, overall.