Here's what you need to know for today's matinee game against the Islanders!
1. The Devils have won five of their last six (5-1-0) and have points in six of their last seven games overall (5-1-1=11pts).
2. New Jersey is 5-4-1 on Halloween all-time, and have won three straight on Oct. 31: 2009, 2-1 SO at Tampa Bay; 2007, 6-1 vs. Tampa Bay; 1998, 3-1 vs. Florida.
3. The Devils has scored 14 goals over their last four games after lighting the lamp just 11 times during their first six games to open the season. Mike Cammalleri (1g-5a-6pts), Adam Henrique (3g-2a-5pts) and Kyle Palmieri (2g-3a-5pts) have led the Devils during this four-game stretch.
4. The power play connected twice in Philadelphia on Thursday, giving the Devils five PPGs on their last 15 opportunities (33.3%) over their last four games. New Jersey is fifth (tie, Dallas) in the NHL with nine power-play goals overall and ranks sixth (tie, Minnesota) in conversion rate at 25.0% (9/36).
5. Travis Zajac scored a pair of power-play goals Thursday, marking his first multi-goal game since March 31, 2014 vs. Florida (3g). He has four goals on the season, three of which have come on the power play, and 4g-3a-7pts over the past five games.
6. On October 31, 2007, the Devils defeated Tampa Bay, 6-1, for their first win at Prudential Center. Jay Pandolfo (3g-1a), who recorded the only hat trick of his career, and John Madden (1g-3a) each registered 4pts in the victory.