Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s meeting with the Islanders at Prudential Center!
1. The Devils have won three in a row following last night’s 3-1 victory at Buffalo. They’re now 10-3-2 over their last 15 contests and, at 31-29-11 overall, have moved two games above NHL .500 for the first time since Nov. 4 (6-4-2).
2. This is the fourth and final meeting between the Devils and Islanders this season. The Isles lead the series 3-0-0 following a 3-2 OT victory at The Rock on Jan. 9.
3. The Devils are 10-3-1 in their last 14 games at Prudential Center and 14-4-4 over their last 22. They hold a 6-3-0 home record vs. the Metropolitan Division.
4. Steve Bernier, who notched his 99th and 100th career goals last night in Buffalo, is set to play in his 599th career game tonight. His linemate Adam Henrique enters tonight’s game on a four-game point streak (2g-3a) after posting two assists vs. the Sabres.
5. Cory Schneider makes his second start of the season against the Islanders, first since allowing two goals in a 3-1 loss at Nassau Coliseum on Nov. 29. Schneider is coming off Tuesday's 35-save blanking of the Penguins, his third goose egg in 10 games. He's now 1-1-1 with a 1.30 GAA and .949 save % in three career games vs. the Isles.
6. Losers of four straight, the Islanders are expected to have defenseman Nick Leddy and goaltender Jaroslav Halak back in the lineup tonight. Leddy leads New York’s blueliners with 10 goals and a plus-17 rating, while Halak is fifth in the NHL with 34 wins this season.