Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s home meeting with the Islanders!
1. The Devils are looking to win three straight games at home for the first time since Jan. 9-24, 2014 (4-0-0).
2. Tonight’s contest is New Jersey’s final home game before the All-Star break. The Devils will open a three-game, Western Conference road trip on Wednesday at Los Angeles. Following the break, they play five straight at Prudential Center with 21 of their final 35 games to be played at The Rock.
3. This is the third of four meetings between the Devils and Islanders, and first of two to be played at Prudential Center.
4. Tonight’s starter Keith Kinkaid is 0-0-1 with a 1.85 goals-against average and .939 save percentage against the Islanders this season. He posted 31 saves in a 3-2 shootout loss at Nassau Coliseum on Dec. 15.
5. Patrik Elias, who collected his 600th assist and 1,000th point on Tuesday, needs one goal to reach 400. He’s looking to become the 91st player in NHL history to achieve that milestone.
6. Elias (33g-52a-85pts in 88 career games) and Jaromir Jagr (61g-91a-152pts in 105 games) have both scored more points vs. the Islanders than any other team in their careers.