Here's what you need to know for tonight's home matchup against the Nashville Predators!
1. It's a boy! Cory Schneider and his wife Jill were excited to welcome baby Wyatt to the family today. The new dad gets the night off while Keith Kinkaid makes a second straight start for the first time in his NHL career.
2. Returning Devil Yann Danis was recalled from Albany under emergency conditions to serve as Kinkaid's backup. Reid Boucher was assigned to the Devils' top affiliate. Danis, who made 12 appearances with the Devils in 2009-10, signed a two-way deal with the club in July.
3. Tuomo Ruutu and Damon Severson will return to the lineup after being healthy scratches Saturday in Washington. Sergey Kalinin (healthy) and John Moore (arm) will be scratched.
4. New additions Jiri Tlusty and Lee Stempniak look to continue their hot starts. Tlusty scored New Jersey’s first goal (PP) of the season on Friday vs. Winnipeg and picked up an assist on Saturday in Washington. Stempniak has registered a power-play assist in each of the Devils’ first two games.
5. Mike Cammalleri enters on a streak of his own, with three points (1g-2a-3pts) in the first two games of the season. He recorded 1g-1a in Saturday's contest in D.C.
6. Three of New Jersey’s next four games will take place at Prudential Center and each of those home contests will be against a Western Conference opponent (tonight vs. Nashville, Friday vs. San Jose, Oct. 20 vs. Arizona).