This is the first meeting of the season between the two clubs, who split the 2014-15 series (Devils: 1-1-0).
2. Coach John Hynes' squad is 7-2-2 over its last 11 games and has allowed just 18 goals during that stretch. His Devils have points in a season-high five straight games at Prudential Center (4-0-1).
3. Today's starter Keith Kinkaid is making his first appearance since Feb. 4, when he made a season-high 37 saves in a shootout loss at Toronto. He has allowed two goals or less in four of his last five decisions.
4. The Devils are 2-2-0 vs. Los Angeles since the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals, with the road team winning all four games. New Jersey's seeking their first regular-season win over the Kings at Prudential Center since Oct. 13, 2011 (2-1 SO).
5. New Jersey's power play was 2/2 yesterday vs. Philadelphia and has converted 11/25 (44.0%) of its opportunities in its last nine games. New Jersey is also 8/13 (61.5%) with the man-advantage over the past five games at Prudential Center.
6. The Devils were 3/4 on the PK yesterday in Philly and are 22/23 (95.6%) over the past six games. They're 10/10 on the penalty kill over their last three games at Prudential Center.