Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game against Los Angeles!
1. This is the second of two meetings between the Devils and Kings this season. The Devils won the first game, 5-3, at Staples Center on Jan. 14
2. The Devils are looking to rebound from Saturday’s shutout loss to the Islanders. Lou Lamoriello’s squad is 10-4-2 over its last 16 contests and has thrived on home ice, going 10-4-1 in its last 15 at The Rock and 14-5-4 over its last 22.
3. Tonight’s starter Cory Schneider is 4-1-0 in his career against the Kings with a 1.40 goals-against average, .947 save percentage and one shutout. He made 23 saves in the Devils’ January visit to Los Angeles.
4. Steve Bernier is set to play in his 600th NHL game tonight. He was one of four Devils to record two points in the Devils’ first meeting with the Kings this season (Mike Cammalleri, 1g-1a; Michael Ryder, 1g-1a; Scott Gomez, 2a).
5. Cammalleri took part in today’s morning skate and could return after missing two games with the flu. A second-round pick of the Kings in 2001, Cammalleri leads the Devils with 25 goals. He has seven points (4g-3a) in his last six meetings with his former club.
6. Reid Boucher and Stefan Matteau were recalled from Albany (AHL) under emergency conditions on Saturday and have not been ruled out for tonight. Both took part in today’s morning skate. Boucher, the Devils’ fourth-round pick in 2011, has 13 goals and 28 points in 58 games with the A-Devils this season. Matteau, New Jersey’s first-round selection in 2012, has 23 points on nine goals and 14 helpers in 57 appearances.