Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game against the Edmonton Oilers!
1. Patrik Elias, who scored his 400th NHL goal on Friday, will be honored before the game. It was the third milestone this season for Elias, who recorded his 600th assist and 1,000th point on Jan. 6.
2. The Devils have won three straight at home, captured points in each of their last eight (6-0-2) contests at Prudential Center, and have recorded at least one point in 10 of their last 13 games overall (8-3-2).
3. This is the Devils' second and final meeting of the season with the Oilers. New Jersey leads the season series 1-0-0 following a 2-0 win at Rexall Place on Nov. 21.
4. Cory Schneider, who stopped all 29 Edmonton shots in that November encounter, is 6-2-0, with two shutouts, a 1.58 goals-against average & .937 save percentage in 10 career games against the Oilers.
5. Andy Greene has played in 200 straight games dating back to March 6, 2012 and is just the sixth player (Aaron Broten, twice) in team history to appear in 200-or-more consecutive games.
6. Former Devil Mark Fayne returns to New Jersey tonight for the first time since signing with the Oilers as a free agent last summer. The Devils’ fifth choice, 155th overall, in the 2005 NHL Draft, Fayne played four seasons with New Jersey from 2010-14.
Matt Loughlin caught up to Fayne at today's morning skate: