This is the third matchup between the teams in a span of 25 days. The Devils edged the Red Wings, 4-3, in their last meeting at Detroit on Dec. 22.
2. Coach John Hynes' club is looking to sweep the season series with the Red Wings (2-0-0). The Devils are 2-0-1 in their last three home games against Detroit.
3. Devils' leading scorer Mike Cammalleri (day-to-day) will miss his second straight game with an upper-body injury. The Devils have lost 96 man-games to injury/illness this season.
4. Kyle Palmieri, who has notched a career-high 17 goals this season, is just one point away from tying his career high of 31. He has goals/points in four of his last five games (4g-1a) and 10g-4a-14pts over his last 17 contests.
5. Ex-Red Wing Jordin Tootoo has 1g-2a and is plus-2 in two games this season against his former team. He has 13 points (5g-8a) in 46 career appearances against Detroit.
6. Bobby Farnham scored Saturday versus Dallas, giving him 5g-1a-6pts in 19 games with the Devils, 4g-1a-5pts of which have come at Prudential Center. His career-high for goals at the pro level is 7g in both 2014-15 & 2013-14 with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL).