The Devils will be without Travis Zajac
(injured reserve, upper body, three games missed) and Adam Henrique
(day-to-day) tonight. Henrique, the club's leading goal scorer with 13 tallies in 28 games, is missing his first contest this season.
2. Joseph Blandisi was recalled from Albany (AHL) yesterday and is expected to make his NHL debut tonight. Blandisi ranks third on the A-Devils with 7g-9a-16pts in 18 games this season and leads the team with 43 PIM.
He appeared in three preseason games for New Jersey and totaled 1g-1a-2pts (SHG), nine PIM and a plus-2 rating.
3. Jiri Tlusty, who returns to the lineup tonight, is slated to skate on Blandisi's line with Kyle Palmieri. Tlusty has three points (1g-2a) in 16 games this season and has been sidelined since Nov. 20 with an upper body injury.
4. Bobby Farnham was placed on injured reserve today, retroactive to Dec. 8.
5. The Devils were 2-for-5 on the power play in Toronto on Tuesday and have scored at least one PPG in 18 of their 28 games this season. The Devils are eighth (tie) in the League on the PP, having converted 21.2% (21/99) of their opportunities overall.
6. Detroit has points in 12 straight games (7-0-4=18pts, last regulation loss, Nov. 14 at Boston) following last night’s 3-2 win in Montreal. It is the team’s longest point streak since a 12-game stretch from Mar. 11-Apr. 3, 2010 (10-0-2=22pts).