1. The Devils have won 12 of their last 19 games and have points in 14 of their last 20 contests (12-6-2=26pts). They're 5-5-1 against Western Conference opponents this season, including 3-3-1 at home.
2. New Jersey's looking to snap a four-game winless streak against Colorado (0-1-3, last win, Mar. 15, 2012, 1-0 SO at Prudential Center). Each of the last five meetings between the clubs has been decided by one goal – four have gone to overtime.
3. Cory Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 11 of his last 12 starts since Oct. 29 (7-4-1, 1 ShO, 1.82 GAA, .937 save %). He's looking for his first win as a Devil in five appearances against the Avalanche (0-1-3, 1.69 GAA, .942 save percentage).
4. Coach John Hynes' squad did not allow a power-play goal at home during the entire month of November (6 games, 20/20). It’s their longest PK streak on home ice since killing 40 straight at Prudential Center to open 2011-12. New Jersey’s PK is 69/82 (84.1%) overall, which ranks sixth in the NHL; they were 25th in the league on Oct. 27.
5. Adam Henrique has points in a team season-high (tie) four straight games coming into tonight (3g-2a-5pts). He leads the Devils with 11g overall and is on pace to score a career-high 39g this season (25g, 2013-14).
6. The Avalanche are playing the second game of a four-game road trip tonight. They recently completed a team-record (tie) seven-game road trip (Nov. 10-23) with a record of 4-3-0. Colorado has a PPG in five of their last six games (5/21, 23.8%). They rank 13th in the NHL with a 19.8% (18/91) success rate overall.