Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game against the Blackhawks!
1. Keith Kinkaid will make his first NHL start tonight, becoming the first Devils goaltender to do so since Scott Clemmensen (25 svs, 3-0 win @ Pit.; Jan. 20, 2004).
Kinkaid is 7-2-3 in Albany (AHL) with a 2.91 goals-against average, .923 save percentage and one shutout. He’s allowed just one goal in each of his last three appearances, including a 24-save effort in yesterday's 1-0 loss to Adirondack.
The Long Island native has made two appearances this season in relief of Cory Schneider, stopping 10 of 11 shots to the tune of a 2.22 GAA and .909 save percentage.
2. Forward Reid Boucher has been recalled from Albany, where he has four goals and five assists in 20 games, including four points (2g-2a) in his last seven outings.
It’s the second recall this season for the 21-year-old, who made three appearances with New Jersey from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, recording five shots. The Devils’ fourth-round selection in 2011, Boucher set a Sarnia (OHL) single-season record with 62 goals in 2012-13.
3. Mike Cammalleri (muscle/posterior) and Dainius Zubrus (leg lacerations) will not play tonight. Cammalleri leads the Devils with 11 goals, five PPGs and three GWGs.
4. New Jersey was 4-for-4 on the penalty kill last night at Carolina and is 41-for-45 (91.1%) over the past 13 games.
5. The Devils are 8-1-1 at home vs. the Blackhawks since 1999-00, are 15-8-7 in the previous 30 games played in New Jersey and lead the all-time series 27-20-13.
6. Patrik Elias has been placed on injured reserve, retroactive to Dec. 6.