1. Patrik Elias
returns to the lineup tonight after missing the first 20 games of the season with a knee injury. Elias, the Devils' all-time leader in goals (406), assists (611) and points (1,017), is 59 games behind Ken Daneyko (1,283) for the most played in franchise history.
2. The Devils have won 11 of their last 16 games and have collected points in 12 of their last 17 contests (11-5-1=23pts). They're 4-3-0 against the Metropolitan Division, including 2-1-0 at home.
3. Cory Schneider’s nine wins against the Blue Jackets are his most versus any opponent. Schneider has allowed two goals or less in eight of his last nine starts since Oct. 29, including Sunday's 3-2 win in Vancouver.
4. The Devils have connected on the power play in 14 of their 20 games this season, including each of the last five contests. They're 16-for-71 overall, which is good for fourth in the NHL (22.5%).
5. Kyle Palmieri (1g-1a) and Travis Zajac (2a) enter tonight's contest riding two-game point streaks.
6. Columbus is 4-2-0 over its last six games following a 5-3 home loss to San Jose on Saturday. The Blue Jackets are 0-for-11 on the power play over the last four games and their PK is 38-for-50 (76.0 %) on the road, which ranks 24th in the NHL.