Here’s what you need to know about tonight’s meeting with the Carolina Hurricanes!
1. The Devils are looking to stay hot at Prudential Center, where they’ve won the first two games of their six-game homestand and have points in 12 of their last 14 contests. (9-2-3)
2. This is the third of four meetings between the Metropolitan Division foes. New Jersey is 1-0-1 vs. the Hurricanes this season after losing 2-1 in a shootout loss at The Rock on Dec. 23.
3. Keith Kinkaid gets the nod for his eighth start of the season. It’s his first appearance since dropping a 6-2 decision in Montreal, despite a career-high 38 saves.
4. Eric Gelinas is set to play in his 100th NHL game tonight. The young blueliner has two assists in his last three games, and has registered 11 shots in four games since being a healthy scratch for six in a row.
5. Mike Cammalleri’s game-winning goal in last night’s victory over Vancouver was his eighth of the season, matching a career-high and tying Matt Beleskey and Alex Ovechkin for the NHL lead.
Cammalleri scored the game-winner in four straight non-shootout victories from Jan. 14-Feb. 3, matching the longest single-season streak of its kind in Devils history.
6. Carolina, the last-place team in the division with 49 points, has won two of its last three games following last night’s 2-1 victory over Toronto.