Here's what you need to know for tonight's game against the Carolina Hurricanes!
1. The Devils are concluding their four-game homestand tonight (1-2-0) and are set to play six of their next nine games at Prudential Center. This is the club's second of four straight games vs. the Metropolitan Division (4-7-2).
2. Mike Cammalleri is expected to return to the lineup after missing four games with a lower-body injury. Despite being limited to 23 of the Devils' first 35 games, Cammalleri leads the Devils with 11 goals, including team highs in power-play tallies (5) and game-winners (3). He practiced Monday at left wing on a line with Scott Gomez and Jaromir Jagr.
3. Adam Larsson is also expected back tonight for his first NHL appearance since Dec. 2. Larsson, who has missed the last 10 games with the mumps, registered two assists with Albany (AHL) on Dec. 19 after being assigned for conditioning. He has a game-winning goal and three assists in 17 games this season with New Jersey.
4. Scott Gomez, who's celebrating his 35th birthday today, will play in his 999th NHL game tonight. He's expected to reach 1,000 career games when the Devils visit Madison Square Garden to face the Rangers on Saturday.
5. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider made 39 saves in the Devils' 2-1 win in Carolina on Dec. 8. He's 4-1-0 in his career against the 'Canes with a 1.81 goals-against average & .943 save percentage.
6. The Devils are now 14-6-0 vs. the Hurricanes since the start of the 2009-10 season. They close out the divisional series with matchups at New Jersey on Feb. 21 and at Carolina on March 28.