Here's what you need to know for tonight's homestand finale against the Boston Bruins!
1. The Devils can go 5-1-0 on their season-high six-game homestand and move within six points of Boston for the second wild-card spot in the East with a win tonight. New Jersey has points in 14 of its last 17 games at Prudential Center (11-3-3).
2. This is the third and final meeting between the Eastern Conference rivals this season and the only to be played at Prudential Center. Boston leads the season series 2-0-0 following a 3-0 win on Jan. 8 at TD Garden.
3. Scott Gomez hopes to play tonight after battling an illness yesterday and missing today’s morning skate. He has five points (1g-4a) in his last seven games.
“It was pretty bad,” Gomez said before tonight’s contest. "I don’t want to get into detail with how I spent all of yesterday, but anyone that’s had food poisoning can imagine."
4. Mike Cammalleri, who has six points (5g-1a) in his last four games, has 16 points (7g-9a) in 18 career appearances vs. Boston.
5. Jon Merrill is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game tonight.
6. Boston is 2-6-2 in its last 10 games following a 2-1 loss to Vancouver on Tuesday. Patrice Bergeron leads the Bruins with 42 points (17g-25a) this season, including 10 points (6g-4a) over the last 12 games.