1. This is the first meeting of the season between the two clubs. The Devils are looking to snap a three-game winless stretch (0-2-1) against Anaheim with their first home win versus the Ducks since Feb. 17, 2012.
2. Travis Zajac returns to the lineup tonight after missing seven games with an upper body injury. Zajac, who has six goals and nine assists in 24 games, is the Devils' top faceoff man (53.9%).
3. Former Duck Kyle Palmieri faces his former club for the first time tonight. Palmieri was Anaheim’s first choice (26th overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft and spent the first five seasons of his NHL career (2010-15) with the Ducks.
4. Palmieri has 6g-3a-9pts over the last 10 contests, including a career-high (tie) four-game scoring streak (4g-1a-5pts) from Dec. 4-11. He’s scored 13g in 32 games overall this season, and needs just 1g to tie his career-high (14g, 2014-15 & 2013-14). He's on pace for a career-best 33g-30a-63pts.
5. New Jersey has points in six of its last eight games (4-2-2) and nine of its last 13 (6-4-3). John Hynes' squad has points in three of its last four home games (2-1-1) and is 7-7-3 at Prudential Center overall. The Devils are 5-6-1 against the West this season, including 3-4-1 at home.
6. Keith Kinkaid will make his sixth start tonight and first appearance since relieving Cory Schneider last Sunday in Brooklyn. Kinkaid has won two of his last three starts, including a 5-1 victory at Carolina on Dec. 3, when he made 30 saves.