This is the second meeting of the season between the two clubs, first since the Maple Leafs' 3-2 shootout win at Air Canada Centre on Dec. 8.
2. The Devils are 5-1-0 over their last six games and have allowed just 10 goals during that stretch. Coach John Hynes' group is 2-1-0 in its last three road games and 14-10-2 away from The Rock, overall.
3. Keith Kinkaid will make his ninth start of the season, first since a 5-2 loss at St. Louis on Jan. 12 in which he allowed four goals. He's seeking his second win in his last three appearances.
4. Defenseman John Moore returns to the lineup after missing three games with a lower body injury. Moore (3g-7a-10pts) has the second-highest point total among Devils blueliners (three tied with 13).
5. Toronto head coach Mike Babcock will coach his 1,000th NHL game tonight.
6. The Devils have earned a point in each of their last seven games vs. the Maple Leafs (4-0-3) and are 3-2-3 in their last eight visits to Toronto.