Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay!
1. The Devils (2-0-0) are looking to sweep the three-game season series following a 3-2 shootout win at Prudential Center on Dec. 19.
2. New Jersey is 13-7-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including a 5-5-0 mark on the road. With a win tonight and Saturday at Florida, the Devils can sweep the season series vs. both Florida clubs for the second time in team history (also, 2000-01, 8-0-0).
3. Keith Kinkaid will make his first start since April 3. He registered 26 saves to earn his first NHL victory in the last meeting between the two clubs on Dec. 19, and has a 1.98 goals-against average and .927 save percentage in two career appearances vs. the Bolts.
4. Raman Hrabarenka is set to make his NHL debut tonight after he and Seth Helgeson were recalled today from Albany. The 22-year-old Hrabarenka has spent the last three seasons with the Devils’ AHL affiliate, and is second among Albany blueliners this year with 24 points (8g-16a). Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill will be healthy scratches tonight.
5. Stephen Gionta returns to the lineup tonight after missing three games with a lower body injury. Gionta, who last played on March 31 vs. Columbus, has 12 points (5g-7a) in 59 games this season.
6. Tampa Bay leads the NHL with a record of 30-8-1=61pts at home.