This is the second game of the Devils’ season-high four-game road trip. Winners Sunday in Minnesota, Coach John Hynes’ club is looking to capture consecutive road victories for the first time since Nov. 22-Dec. 3 (3-0-0).
2. Keith Kinkaid makes his eighth start of the season and first since a 26-save winning effort versus Carolina on Dec. 29. He has allowed two goals or less in each of his last three starts and can improve to .500 with a win tonight (3-4-0)
3. Adam Henrique, who notched his 15th goal of the season in Sunday’s 2-1 victory over the Wild, has tallied twice in his last three games and has four points (2g-2a) over the last five contests. He needs one assist to reach 100 for his career.
4. The Devils are 0-4-0 in their last four games vs. the Blues and 0-3-0 in their last three visits to Scottrade Center (last win, Dec. 30, 2008, 4-3).
5. St. Louis, which has points in four straight games (1-0-3=5pts), is 10-5-1 against the Eastern Conference this season. The Blues have the league’s No. 3 PK unit (125/146, 85.6%) and the sixth-ranked power play (26/123, 21.1%).
6. The Devils announced today that Patrik Elias underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee and will be out indefinitely.