The Devils are opening their three-game California road trip tonight. New Jersey will visit Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and will close out the trip vs. the Anaheim Ducks at Honda Center on Monday.
New Jersey was 2-1-0 in the Golden State last season, including a 5-2 win at San Jose on Jan. 19, and are 6-4-0 in games played in California since 2010-11.
2. This is the second and final meeting of the season between the clubs. Adam Henrique forced overtime with 3:38 to go in regulation before the Devils fell to the Sharks in a shootout, 2-1, at Prudential Center on Oct. 16.
3. New Jersey needs just one victory to match its total from all of last season (32-36-14). Coach John Hynes' squad is 13-10-1 vs. the Western Conference this season, including 6-5-0 on the road.
4. Devante Smith-Pelly is expected to play in his 199th NHL game tonight.
5. Devils leading scorer Kyle Palmieri (2g-2a in last three games) is on pace for 30g-23a-53pts, which would nearly double his previous career high.
6. San Jose has won five of its last six games and is 10-3-2 over its last 15 games since Feb. 9.