Here's what you need to know for tonight's game in Pittsburgh:
1. Following yesterday's announcement of his signing, Scott Gomez is expected to center Patrik Elias and Jaromir Jagr tonight in his first game as a Devil since the 2007 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Gomez’s last regular-season appearance was April 8, 2007 against the Islanders. The two-time Stanley Cup champion ranks sixth in Devils history with 334 assists and 450 points.
2. Tonight’s game is the second of five meetings between the Devils and Penguins, and the second of two contests to be played at CONSOL Energy Center. Pittsburgh leads the season series 1-0-0 after an 8-3 win on Oct. 28.
3. New Jersey is continuing its three-game road trip tonight and playing in its NHL-leading (tie, San Jose) 16th road contest overall (6-8-1).
4. The Devils' penalty kill went 4-for-4 against the Islanders on Saturday to improve to 33-for-35 (94.3%) over the past nine games.
5. Jaromir Jagr recorded two shots on goal on Saturday and now has 5,157 in his NHL career, which ties him with Al MacInnis for third in NHL history. Marcel Dionne (5,366) is second.
6. Jagr leads New Jersey’s active skaters in career scoring vs. his former team with 45 points (23g-22a) in 48 appearances, including 19 points (10g-9a) in 23 games in Pittsburgh.