This is the third contest between the two clubs, who split their previous two meetings. Coach John Hynes' squad is 6-2-2 over its last 10 games and has allowed just 17 goals during that stretch.
2. The Devils are 10-2-3 vs. Philadelphia since the start of the 2012-13 season and have outscored the Flyers 48-29 during that span.
3. Adam Henrique has 15 points (9g-6a) in 19 career games vs. the Flyers, his highest total vs. any opponent (tie, Buffalo). Henrique has eight points (5g-3a) and is +9 over his last 10 games vs. Philadelphia.
4. Cory Schneider will make his third start vs. the Flyers this season (1-0-1, 2.44 GAA, .906 save %).
5. The Devils are 3-0-1 in matinee games this season.
6. Philadelphia snapped a three-game winless stretch (0-2-1) with a 5-1 victory over Buffalo at Wells Fargo Center on Thursday. It marked just the third time this season that the Flyers have scored five-or-more goals (also, Feb. 4 at Nashville, W, 6-3 & Oct. 21 at Boston, Wo, 5-4).