The Devils are 5-1-2 over their last eight games and have allowed just 14 goals during that stretch. Coach John Hynes' squad is 2-1-1 over its last four road games and 14-10-3 away from Prudential Center overall.
2. New Jersey is looking to win three straight vs. the Rangers for the first time since Oct. 19-Dec. 7, 2013. Tonight’s game is the second of three against New York over a span of 22 days (also, Feb. 2 & Feb. 23 at NJ).
3. Tonight's starters Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or less in 29 of his last 37 starts since Oct. 29 and is 19-13-5 with four shutouts, a 1.96 goals-against average & .932 save-percentage during that stretch. He's 2-0-0 with a 1.46 GAA and .950 save percentage in two starts vs. the Rangers this season.
4. Tonight’s contest opens the club’s sixth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. Ten of New Jersey’s next 13 games will be played as part of a back-to-back set. The Devils are 2-2-1 in first games and 2-1-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
5. Jacob Josefson has recorded 2g-1a-3pts on the power play over the past five games, the first PPGs of his career, and has 2g-5a-7pts with the man advantage overall.
6. The Rangers have won two straight and are 5-2-0 over their last seven games following a 3-2 SO win at Philadelphia on Saturday. New York has won four in a row at Madison Square Garden and have points in seven straight games at home (6-0-1).