1. This is the third meeting of the season between the Devils and Islanders and second straight in Brooklyn. The home team has taken the first two games of the series: New York posted a 2-1 victory at Barclays Center on Nov. 3; New Jersey earned a 3-2 shootout decision at Prudential Center on Oct. 31.
2. The surging Devils have points in five straight (3-0-2) and are 5-2-3 over their last 10 games. Five of their next seven will be on the road, where John Hynes' squad is 8-4-1.
3. Cory Schneider improved to 13-7-4 with 27 saves in Friday's OT win over Detroit. He has allowed two goals or less in 15 of his last 17 starts since Oct. 29, and has gone 9-5-3 with one shutout, a 1.97 goals-against average and .932 save percentage over that span.
4. Lee Stempniak (2g-3a, 5 games) and Kyle Palmieri (4g-1a, 4 games) enter tonight's game on point streaks. Stempniak's current streak is a team season high; Palmieri's streak matches a career best.
5. The Devils went 1-for-4 on the power play on Friday and have now connected in 19 of 29 games this season.
6. The Isles have points in nine straight (7-0-2) following last night’s overtime win in Columbus. They've won four straight at home and are 10-4-2 in Brooklyn overall.