Here's what you need to know for tonight's game on Long Island:
1. The Devils (9-10-4) are opening a three-game road trip tonight with their Eastern Conference-leading 15th road contest overall (6-7-1).
2. Tonight’s tilt is the first of four meetings between the Devils and Islanders, and one of two to be played at Nassau Coliseum. New Jersey was 2-0-3 vs. the Isles last season.
3. New Jersey will be without Travis Zajac (lower body) and Adam Henrique (upper body) tonight. Wingers Damien Brunner and Jordin Tootoo will both see action. Brunner has been a healthy scratch in the last four games; Tootoo, the last six.
Minus Zajac and Henrique, Coach Peter DeBoer will rely on Mike Cammalleri’s experience at center. Cammalleri, who scored twice last night against Detroit, leads the Devils with 10 goals and is 50.7% on faceoffs this season (35-34).
4. Cory Schneider (9-9-3, 2.62 GAA, .914 sv%) makes his 23rd start tonight. He went 1-0-1 versus the Isles last season with a 0.96 goals-against average and .961 save percentage.
5. The Devils were 2-for-4 on the power play last night against Detroit, improving to 4-for-10 (40.0%) on the man advantage over the last five games.
6. With two points last night (1g-1a), Jaromir Jagr (1,770) needs one to tie Marcel Dionne for fifth on the NHL's all-time list.