This is the second and final meeting of the season between the two clubs, first since Oct. 13 at Prudential Center (1-3 L). The Devils are seeking their first win at Bridgestone Arena since Oct. 15, 2011 (0-1-1).
2. Tonight's starter Keith Kinkaid makes his first appearance since he relieved Cory Schneider in Columbus on Feb. 25. Kinkaid is 2-1-1 in his four starts, including a 1-0 win over Los Angeles on Feb. 14 for his first career shutout (28 saves).
3. Right wing Devante Smith-Pelly, acquired via trade from Montreal on Monday, is expected to make his Devils debut tonight. He scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 9, 2011 vs. Nashville (vs. P. Rinne). Defenseman David Warsofsky, claimed off waivers from Pittsburgh on Monday, could also make his Devils debut.
4. New Jersey is 12-9-1 vs. the Western Conference this season, including 5-4-0=10pts on the road. Tonight’s contest opens the club’s tenth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 3-5-1 in first games and 4-3-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
5. Devils' leading goal-scorer Kyle Palmieri (23) has six career tallies vs. Nashville, which is his highest total vs. any opponent.
6. Nashville defeated Dallas, 5-3, at Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday for its fifth straight win. The Predators are 7-0-3 over their last 10 games.