Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s matchup in Nashville!
1. This is the first of two meetings between the Devils and Predators this season and the only game to be played at Bridgestone Arena. New Jersey was 1-0-1 vs. Nashville in 2013-14, outscoring the Predators, 7-3.
2. The Devils, who are closing out their 13th set of 18 of back-to-backs tonight, have recorded at least one point in 10 of their last 15 games (8-5-2).
3. Martin Havlat returns to the lineup after being scratched last night in Chicago. Michael Ryder will be a healthy scratch for the eighth time in nine games.
4. Cory Schneider gets the call in goal for the second straight night. Schneider, who made 32 saves last night in Chicago, is 7-3-1 in his last 11 decisions. He has a 1.75 goals-against average and .942 save percentage in 12 appearances in 2015.
5. Scott Gomez has eight assists in his last 12 games. With 469 points (120g-349a) in his Devils’ career, he’s three points behind Bobby Holik (202g-270a-472pts) for fifth in club history.
6. The Predators have won six of their last seven games and lead the race for the President’s Trophy with a record of 37-12-6.