This is the third and final meeting of the season between the two clubs, which split the previous two games (1-1-0).
2. Coach John Hynes' club has points in seven of its last 10 games (6-3-1). The Devils are playing their final five games vs. Atlantic Division opponents, against whom they're 10-5-4 this season, including 6-1-3 on the road.
3. Keith Kinkaid is making his second straight start following a career-high 39-save effort in Tuesday's 2-1 win over Boston. Kinkaid has four wins in his last five decisions and has held opponents to one goal or less in three of those victories.
4. Adam Henrique, who leads the Devils with three points against Florida this season (1g-2a), needs one point to reach 200 for his NHL career.
5. Kyle Palmieri has 1g-1a in two games against the Panthers this season and is one goal away from becoming the first Devil to reach 30 since 2011-12.
6. The Devils are 7-3-1 vs. the Panthers overall since the start of the 2012-13 season; they’ve outscored Florida 36-27 during that span.