This is the second meeting of three meetings between the two clubs in a 12-game, 25-day span. Kyle Palmieri
scored in overtime to secure a 3-2 Devils win over Detroit at Prudential Center on Dec. 11.
2. Cory Schneider will get the start tonight following his season-high 38-save effort in the Devils' 2-1 shootout loss at Boston on Sunday. Schneider stopped 27 of 29 shots, including four in OT, in New Jersey's previous meeting with the Red Wings. He's 8-3-2, with one shutout, a 2.04 goals-against average and .936 save percentage in 13 road starts this season.
3. Patrik Elias will miss tonight's game after tweaking his knee in Monday's practice. Elias, who was a healthy scratch in Boston, missed the first 20 games of the season with a knee injury. He has a goal and four assists in 13 contests.
4. The Devils have scored at least one power-play goal in 20 of their 34 games this season. Their PP unit is 13-for-54 on the road this season, good for fourth in the NHL (24.1%). The Devils have converted 20.2% (23/114) of their opportunities overall, which ranks 11th in the league.
5. Ex-Red Wing Jordin Tootoo has 1g-2a-3pts and is plus-4 in three games versus his former team since joining the Devils.
6. The Devils are looking to snap a three-game losing streak in Detroit (last win, Apr. 5, 2012, 2-1).