Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game in Colorado!
1. This is the second of two meetings between the Devils and Avalanche. Colorado leads the season series 1-0-0 following a 3-2 victory at The Rock on Nov. 15.
2. It’s the second of a three-game, Western Conference road trip for the Devils, who are playing consecutive games on the road for the first time since Feb. 13-14.
3. Three Devils come into tonight’s tilt riding point streaks: Patrik Elias (2a, 2 games), Scott Gomez (1g-2a, 3 games), and Steve Bernier (5a, 2 games). With 24 points in 52 games (10g-14a), Bernier is eight points shy of his single-season career high (32, 2008-09).
4. The Devils are 7-3-1 in their past 11 games. They’re looking to rebound on the road, where they've lost four of their past five and are 11-19-2 this season.
5. Colorado is 8-4-0 over its last 12 games after a 5-2 loss to Los Angeles on Tuesday.
6. Avs starter Semyon Varlamov was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week for the period ending March 8. He went 3-0-0 with a 0.69 goals-against average, .981 save percentage and one shutout to notch three straight wins.