Here's what you need to know for tonight's matchup in Chicago!
1. Patrik Elias is set to play in his 1,200th NHL game tonight, becoming just the 103rd player in NHL history to do so. Dainius Zubrus was the last NHL player to hit the 1,200-game plateau (Dec. 31 at Detroit). Elias ranks 17th all-time in games played for one NHL franchise.
The Devils' all-time leading scorer, Elias has also reached the 400-goal, 600-assist and 1,000-point marks this season.
2. Michael Ryder and Eric Gelinas return to the lineup tonight for Martin Havlat and Mark Fraser. Ryder, a healthy scratch in the last seven games, has three points (1g-2a) in his last four appearances. Gelinas, scratched in the last six games, has 11 points (4g-7a) in 34 contests this season.
3. Tonight’s contest is the second and final meeting between the Devils and Blackhawks, and the only to be played at United Center. Chicago collected a 3-2 shootout win at Prudential Center on Dec. 9.
4. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider is 7-2-1 in his last 10 decisions for the Devils, who have recorded at least one point in 10 of their last 14 games overall (8-4-2).
5. Chicago has points in four straight games (2-0-2) following a 5-4 overtime loss to Vancouver on Wednesday.
6. Patrick Kane is the NHL’s leading scorer with 62 points (27g-35a) this season. Kane has reached the 60-point milestone for the seventh time in eight NHL seasons. (NHL PR)