1. The Devils open a three-game, western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary. They head to Edmonton Friday and Vancouver Sunday.
2. With Saturday’s 4-0 victory over Pittsburgh, the Devils have now won 10 of their last 13 games and have points in 11 of their last 14 contests (10-3-1=21pts).
3. Mike Cammalleri recorded 1g-2a-3pts on Saturday for his third multi-assist game of the season. He leads the Devils with 11 helpers this season and needs only four to match his total from all of 2014-15. He’s on pace for a career-high 53 assists this season, which would be a new career high (2006-07, 46).
4. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or less in each of his seven starts since Oct. 29. He’s 5-2-0 with one shutout, a 1.56 goals-against average and .944 save percentage during that stretch. He ranks third in the NHL in wins (9, tie), fifth in GAA (1.98) and ninth in save % (.928).
5. The Devils’ penalty kill unit is 25/27 (92.6%) over the past nine games; they were 21/29 (72.4%) through the first eight games of the season. New Jersey’s PK is 46/56 (82.1%) overall, which ranks 10th (tie) in the NHL; it was 25th in the League on Oct. 27.
6. Edmonton native David Schlemko played in 19 regular season and 15 playoff games with the Flames last season after being claimed on waivers from Dallas on March 1. Lee Stempniak spent two-plus seasons with Calgary from 2011-14. Mike Cammalleri played three-plus seasons with Calgary: 2008-09 and 2012-14. Calgary's Johnny Gaudreau is from Salem, NJ and played for Gloucester Catholic High School in 2009-10.