The Devils are seeking their first win of the season against divisional opponent Columbus (0-2-0). This is the clubs' first meeting at Nationwide Arena, where the Devils went 1-0-1 last season.
2. Tonight's starter Cory Schneider is coming off of Tuesday's 5-2 triumph over the Rangers in which he made 17 saves and matched a career high with his 26th win of the season. He has allowed two goals or less in 34 of his last 44 starts since Oct. 29 and is 22-17-5 with four shutouts, a 2.01 goals-against average and .930 save percentage during that stretch.
3. Schneider’s nine wins against the last-place Blue Jackets are his most versus any opponent (tie, Minnesota).
4. New Jersey reached the 30-win mark with its defeat of the Rangers and is just two victories shy of matching its total from all of last season.
5. The Devils will play the Blue Jackets three times over the next 20 days, including a home-and-home back-to-back set on March 19 and 20.
6. Adam Henrique has recorded 5g-3a-8pts over his last nine games against the Jackets.