1. This is the second meeting of three meetings between the two clubs and first since the Devils' 5-1 win at PNC Arena on Dec. 3.
2. The Devils, who wrap up a three-game road trip tonight, have points in eight of their last 11 (5-3-3) games and 11 of their last 16 (7-5-4). John Hynes' squad is 4-1-2 in its last seven road games and is 10-5-2 away from home overall.
3. Cory Schneider will make his NHL-leading 30th start in goal tonight. He's 9-3-2 on the road this season and owns a career mark of 4-1-1 against Carolina with a 1.70 GAA and .947 save percentage. As a Devil, Schneider is 3-0-1 with a 1.33 GAA and .954 save percentage vs. the Hurricanes.
4. The Devils are 16-7-1 vs. the Hurricanes since 2009-10, including 8-5-0 in games played in Carolina over that span.
5. Adam Henrique has scored the game-winning goal in four of New Jersey’s last six victories vs. Carolina, including each of the last three.
6. The Devils will be without Patrik Elias (knee) tonight. Elias did not travel to Carolina and will miss his third straight game.