Here's what you need to know for tonight's road tilt with the Boston Bruins!
1. The Devils are looking to win three in a row for the first time since the season’s first three games Oct. 9-14.
2. Tonight’s game is the second of three games between the Devils and Bruins and the second/final contest to be played at TD Garden. Boston leads the season series 1-0-0 following a 4-2 win on Nov. 10.
3. Patrik Elias, who recorded his 600th assist and 1,000th point in Tuesday’s win over Buffalo, needs one goal for 400 in his NHL career. Boston’s Jean Ratelle, whose 1,000th point was also his 600th assist, is the only other player to reach a century milestone in the same game in which he recorded his 1,000th point (April 3, 1977 vs. Toronto). Ratelle had scored his 400th goal the day before. Elias Sports Bureau
4. Martin Havlat returns to the lineup tonight after missing one game with illness. He has two assists in his last four games and is looking to stay healthy after being sidelined for five of the club’s last seven contests.
5. Cory Schneider (14-18-4) gets the start tonight after making 20 saves in Tuesday’s 4-1 win over Buffalo. The Massachusetts native is now 3-4-1 with a 1.74 goals-against average and .927 save-percentage over his last eight starts.
6. Mike Cammalleri is set to appear in his 700th NHL game tonight.