Here's what you need to know for tonight's matchup with the Ottawa Senators!
This is the third and final meeting between the Devils and Sens. Ottawa leads the season series 1-0-1 following a 2-0 victory at The Rock on Dec. 17.
2. The Devils have points in a season-high four straight games (3-0-1) and eight of their last 10 (6-2-2), and are 5-1-2 over their last eight at Prudential Center.
3. Cory Schneider will make his NHL-leading 44th start tonight. He’s started both contests this season vs. Ottawa to the tune of a 1-1-0 record, 1.48 goals-against average and .940 save percentage.
4. Jaromir Jagr scored his 715th career goal in Saturday’s win over Florida to move within two of Phil Esposito (717) for fifth place in NHL history.
5. Steve Bernier, who posted a goal and an assist Saturday, now has points in back-to-back games (2g-1a-3pts) and six points (5g-1a) over his last six appearances.
Bernier has five goals in six games since Jan. 14, which ranks third (tie, with nine others) in the NHL during that span behind Alex Ovechkin (9g) and Zach Parise (7g). With 16 points (8g-8a) this season, Bernier has collected his highest point total since recording 22 (11g-11a) with Vancouver in 2009-10.
6. With his assist on Saturday, Scott Gomez (120g-347a-467pts) moved within five points of Bobby Holik (202g-270a-472pts) for fifth in team history.