New Jersey Devils 5 vs Toronto Maple Leafs 1
Attendance: 16,514 (Sellout)
Three Stars: 1. Patrik Elias 2. Adam Henrique 3. Devante Smith-Pelly
• New Jersey finished their season series 1-0-2=4pts against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
• The Devils finished their season with 38-36-8=84pts. They improved from their 32-36-14=78pts record from 2014-15.
• New Jersey’s 19 shots in the opening frame were a Devils single-period season high (previously; 17, 2/23/’16 vs. NYR & 11/8/’15 vs. Vancouver).
• New Jersey had points in eight of their last 15 games (7-7-1=15pts).
• The Devils had points in five of their final eight home games (4-3-1=9pts), and were 19-17-5=43pts at Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey played its final game vs. the Atlantic Division. The Devils were 11-9-4=26pts vs. the Atlantic Division, including 5-6-1=11pts at home.
• New Jersey was 0/6 on the power play tonight and is 6/32 (18.8%) over the last seven games.
• The Devils were 3/3 on the penalty kill tonight and is 24/27 (88.9%) over the last seven games.
• The Devils outshot the Maple Leafs, 36-20, including 19-5, in the first period.
• This is the 12th time in team history that the Devils have had multiple 30-goal scorers in a season.
Cory Schneider (19 saves/20 shots against) made his final start of the season. He improved 27-25-6. His 27 wins marks a new career-high. (previously; 26 wins 2014-15).
Devante Smith-Pelly scored his 14th goal of the season at 9:10 of the first period. Smith-Pelly now how 8g-5a-13pts in 18 games since being acquired by New Jersey on Feb. 29th.
Pavel Zacha recorded his first career NHL point with the assist on Smith-Pelly’s goal. He then assisted on Kyle Palmieri’s empty net goal at 19:44 of the third period to finish the game with 2pts.
Adam Henrique scored his 29th and 30th goal of the season at :58 and 10:42 of the second period, respectively. Henrique becomes the first Devils’ player to score 30g since David Clarkson scored 30 in 2011-12.
Kyle Palmieri also scored his 30th goal of the season (EN) at 17:04 of the third period. It is the first time since 2011-12 that the Devils have had multiple 30 goal scorers in a season.
Adam Larsson and Patrik Elias each had assists on Henrique’s first goal.
The assist was Elias’ first point since Dec. 8 at Toronto (8 games played).
Elias led New Jersey with 1g-2a-3pts. Additionally, Elias has 3g-4a-7pts in his last five games vs. the Maple Leafs.
Tuomo Ruutu and John Moore each assisted on Henrique’s second goal.
Ruutu’s assist was his first point of the season and since Apr. 4, ’15 at NY Rangers (36 games).
Moore has points in back-to-back games (2a).