New Jersey Devils 1 at Tampa Bay Lightning 3
Cory Schneider makes 33 saves in return to lineupTeam Notes
• The Devils are now 0-2-0=0pts vs. the Lightning this season. The teams face off for the final time of 2015-16 Apr. 7 at Prudential Center.
• New Jersey has points in seven of its last 12 games (6-5-1=13pts). At 37-34-8=82pts, the club has already surpassed its win/point total from all of 2014-15 (32-36-14=78pts).
• The Devils are 4-6-0=8pts over their last 10 road games and finish the regular season 19-19-3=41pts away from Prudential Center overall. New Jersey played the third its final six games vs. the Atlantic Division.
• Tonight was New Jersey's final road game of 2015-16.The Devils are 10-7-4=24pts vs. the Atlantic Division, including 6-3-3=15pts on the road.
• The Devils are 7/32 (21.8%) with the man advantage over their last seven games. They rank eighth (tie) in the NHL with a 20.7% success rate.
• The Devils are 24/26 (92.3%) on the penalty kill over the last seven games. Their 82.7% penalty kill success rate is eighth-best in the NHL.
Adam Henrique scored his 28th goal of the season to tie the game at 1-1 at 19:32 of the second period. Damon Severson and Tyler Kennedy assisted on New Jersey's lone goal. Henrique has a two-game point streak (1g-1a) for the sixth time this season.
With the assist, Kennedy posted his 15th point (3g-12a) of the season, and has surpassed his point total from all of last season (6g-8a-14pts, 38 games played).
Severson's assist was his 20th of the season. He leads all New Jersey defensemen in assists and points (21).
Cory Schneider (33 saves + ENG) made his first start in goal since Mar. 4 at Dallas (12 games) and fell to 26-24-6 on the season.
Andy Greene played in his 308th straight game on tonight to pass Jay Pandolfo for fifth all-time in franchise history for consecutive games played. Pandolfo appeared in 307 straight games with the Devils from Jan. 22, 2003-Nov. 28, 2007. Greene has played in 308 consecutive games, dating back to Mar. 6, 2012. Greene’s streak is the second-longest in team history among defensemen, trailing only Ken Daneyko’s 388-game stretch from Nov. 4, 1989-Mar. 29, 1994. Kirk Muller ranks fourth in franchise history with 321 consecutive GP from Apr. 5, 1987- Mar. 31, 1991.
Reid Boucher tied a season/career-high with five shots on goal tonight (also, Mar. 6 vs. Pit & Feb. 9 vs. Edm).
David Schlemko returned to action tonight after missing seven games (upper body).
Jacob Josefson also returned to the lineup after missing 12 games (upper body). He went 7/14 (50%) in the faceoff circle.
John Moore played in the 300th game of his NHL career tonight. He led the Devils with four blocked shots and four hits.