New Jersey Devils 2 at Dallas Stars 4Team Notes
• New Jersey fell to 31-28-7=69pts on the season.
• The Devils finished 1-1-0 in their season series vs. the Stars.
• New Jersey is 2-3-0=4pts in its last five visits to American Airlines Center.
• The Devils fell to 16-14-3=35pts on the road.
• New Jersey is 13-10-1=27pts vs. the Western Conference, including 6-5-0=12pts on the road.
• Tonight’s contest closed out the club’s tenth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 4-5-1=9pts in first games and 4-4-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• The Devils were 3/3 on the penalty kill tonight and are 43/50 (86.0%) over the past 19 games.
• Dallas outshot New Jersey, 25-20.
Cory Schneider (L, 41:57, 15 saves/18 shots) was relieved by Keith Kinkaid for the third time this season (also, Feb. 25 at Columbus & Dec. 13 at New York Islanders).
Keith Kinkaid (ND, 6 saves/6 shots + ENG) played in back-to-back games for the first time since Oct. 10-13.
Adam Henrique scored his 23rd goal & now has goals in three straight games (4g) for the second time this season (Nov. 22-27, 3g). Henrique ranks second on the club in both goals and points (42) behind Kyle Palmieri (24g, 43pts).
Devante Smith-Pelly also scored a goal and has 1g-2a-3pts in his first two games with New Jersey. Smith-Pelly has goals in each of his last three games overall and has 4g-1a-5pts over his last nine appearances.
Adam Larsson recorded the primary assist on Henrique’s goal, his 13th helper of the season. He also received the second fighting major (vs. Brett Ritchie) of the season/of his NHL career (also, Dec. 13 at New York Islanders vs. Steve Bernier). Larsson was +1 & registered two shots on goal, three hits and four blocked shots tonight.
Sergey Kalinin also assisted on Henrique’s goal and has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the first time in his NHL career.
Damon Severson posted the primary assist on Smith-Pelly’s goal. He has 3a over his last five appearances and leads Devils’ defensemen with 15a overall.
John Moore also assisted on Smith-Pelly’s goal. He has points in back-to-back games and has tied his career-high with 3g-12a-15pts overall (also, 4g-11a-15pts, 2013-14).
David Warsofsky (lower body) did not play tonight.