New Jersey Devils 5 at Nashville Predators 4 (OT)
Three Stars: 1. Adam Henrique 2. Filip Forsberg 3. Travis Zajac
• New Jersey is 8-1 in games decided in overtime this season.
• The Devils finished 1-1-0 in their season series vs. the Predators.
• New Jersey won at Bridgestone Arena for the first time since Oct. 15, 2011 (0-1-1).
• The Devils snapped a three-game losing streak and improved to 31-27-7=69pts overall.
• The Devils are 16-13-3=35pts on the road.
• New Jersey is 13-9-1=27pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 6-4-0=12pts on the road.
• Tonight’s contest opened the club’s tenth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 4-5-1=9pts in first games and 4-3-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• The Devils scored three power play goals for the first time since Oct. 21, 2014 at the New York Rangers. They are 6/16 (37.5%) with the man-advantage over the past five games on the road & are 17/50 (34.0%) in their last 18 games overall
• Nashville outshot New Jersey 34-33 overall, but the Devils held a 6-0 advantage in overtime.
Keith Kinkaid (30 saves) is 2-0-1 over his last three starts and improved to 5-5-1 on the season overall.
Adam Henrique tied the game with just 39.7 seconds remaining in regulation and scored the third OT goal of his career (PPG) 1:54 into the extra session. It was Henrique’s tenth multiple-point game of the season. He has scored in back-to-back-games (3g), has 22g overall this season and leads the Devils with a career-high six game-winning goals.
Kyle Palmieri tied a career-high with 1g-2a-3pts. He now has 4g-3a-7pts over the past eight contests. Palmieri leads the Devils with 9g-9a-18pts on the power play and 24g-19a-43pts overall.
Travis Zajac scored a power play goal and assisted on Henrique’s game-winner for his seventh multiple-point game of 2015-16. It was his fifth PPG of the season/tenth overall. Zajac has 3g-7a-10pts over the last 14 games.
Devante Smith-Pelly posted 1g-1a-2pts in his first game with the Devils. It was his second multiple-point game of the season (also, 2g Nov. 25 at New York Rangers). He also recorded three shots on goal, two hits and one blocked shot in 18:10 of action. Smith-Pelly has goals in each of his last two games played (also, Feb. 27 vs. Toronto) and 3g-1a-4pts over his last eight appearances.
David Schlemko recorded 2 PPA for his third multiple-point game. He ranks third on the club with 1g-11a-12pts on the power play and leads Devils’ defensemen with 6g-13a-19pts overall.
John Moore collected the secondary assist on Henrique’s game-winner and now has 2g-2a-4pts in OT this season.
Jacob Josefson registered the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal. He has 2g-8a-10pts with the man-advantage this season and 3g-10a-13pts overall.
Jon Merrill registered the primary assist on Smith-Pelly’s goal, his third helper of the season/first since Dec. 29 vs. Carolina (15 games).
Sergey Kalinin also picked up an assist on Smith-Pelly’s goal and has 1g-2a-3pts over the past five games.
David Warsofsky also made his Devils’ debut. He recorded one shot on goal and two blocked shots in 18:21 of TOI.
Adam Larsson registered a season-high seven hits (tie, Dec. 22 at Detroit) and led the Devils with 22:35 of TOI.